Home and Energy
Explore our programs to help you fight climate change and reduce your utility bills!
Home Energy grants, rebates and loans
There are several programs to help you save money and fight climate change that include:
Greener Homes Grant (Canada) and Enbridge have partnered to provide rebates towards eligible retrofits such as home insulation, windows and doors, heat pumps and renewable energy systems. Homeowners are eligible for rebates up to $10,000. Participants can also offset the cost of their EnerGuide home evaluation with an additional rebate of $600.
- Go to the HER+ website to determine your eligibility
- Book your Energy Evaluation. You may want to consider our friends at Reep Green Solutions (a charitable organization) to conduct yours
Up to $50,000 interest free loans for energy upgrades including:
- Building Envelope
- Thermal insulation
- Window and door repair/replacement
- Air source heat pumps and cold climate air source heat pumps
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) and Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV)
- Heat pump water heaters
- Smart or programmable thermostats (eligible only if combined with any other eligible home improvements
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Solar Photovoltaic System
Maximum: $40,000 Loan
Minimum: $5,000 Loan
Repayment term: 10 years, interest-free
Are you ready to make deep energy retrofits for your home, but confused about the home energy rebates and loans available?
You’re not alone.